BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Spanish MacIas family come from? What is the Spanish MacIas family crest and coat of arms? When did the MacIas family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the MacIas family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Macias, Mathias, Macías, Matias, Matías and others.
First found in Leon, where the name originated in Visigothic times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our MacIas research. Another 217 words(16 lines of text) covering the years 1585, 1645, 1620 and 1975 are included under the topic Early MacIas History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 47 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early MacIas Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Francisco Macias, who arrived in Nombre de Dios, Panama in 1535
- Alonso Macias, who settled in Florida in 1538
- Martin Macias, who came to New Spain in 1540
- Juana Macias, and her three sons, who settled in New Granada in 1569
MacIas Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Margarita Macias, who came to New Orleans in 1778
MacIas Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Jose Macias, aged 4, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829
- Juan Macias, who landed in Dominican Republic in 1835
- Francisco Macias, who arrived in Nombre de Dios, Panama in 1835
- Melchor Macias, who arrived in San Juan Island in 1837
- Pedro Macias, who arrived in Peru in 1837
- David Macias, Grammy Award winning record producer
- Anthony "Mad Dog" Macias (b. 1971), American mixed martial artist
- Nathan G. Macias (b. 1960), American businessman and politician, Texas State Representative from District 73 (2007-2009)
- Raymond Jonathan Macias (b. 1986), American ice hockey defenseman
- Andres Apolonio "Drew" Macias (b. 1983), American Major League Baseball outfielder
- Manuel Macías (1845-1937), Spanish general
- Isabel Macías (b. 1984), Spanish middle distance runner who placed 1st in the 2006 Ibero-American Championships
- Raúl Macias (b. 1934), Cuban-Mexican former boxer and actor
- Carlos Tello Macías (b. 1938), Mexican socialist-oriented economist, academic and diplomat
- Luis Miguel Macias (b. 1985), Ecuadorian football forward
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
The MacIas Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The MacIas Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 August 2014 at 16:05.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is