BBB - A+ Rating - the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Italian Lucini family come from? What is the Italian Lucini family crest and coat of arms? When did the Lucini family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Lucini family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Luci, Lucido, Lucio, Lucini and others.
First found in Florence (Italian: Firenze), originally the capital of Tuscany, then capital of the kingdom of Italy. On the River Arno there are numerous Florentine Churches, Museums, Galleries. It dates back to 313 A.D. The history is complex and turbulent. The de' Medici family are the notables. They were expelled in 1494 but they returned in 1512, out in 1527 and then returned. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lucini research. Another 268 words(19 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lucini History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Lucini Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Palamoni Lucido, who arrived in America on April 4, 1881, aboard the "Adriatic"; Giuseppe Lucido, and Antonino Lucido, of Palermo, who both arrived in America on December 3, 1888 aboard the "Letimbro".
The Lucini Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lucini Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 October 2003 at 16:01.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.