BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Lohr family come from? What is the German Lohr family crest and coat of arms? When did the Lohr family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Lohr family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lohr, Löhr, Lohre, Lohrs, Lohres, Lohrr, Lohhr, Lohra, Loohr, Luher, Luhr and many more.
First found in Hessen, where the name was closely identified in the early period of history with the feudal society which would become prominent throughout Europe. The name would later emerge as an influential noble family, having many distinguished branches, and well known for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lohr research. Another 130 words(9 lines of text) covering the years 1521, 1728, 1772, and 1875 are included under the topic Early Lohr History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Lohr Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lohr Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Andreas Lohr, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1732
- Hans Peter Lohr, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1749
- Johan Heinrich Lohr, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1749
- Philip Lohr, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1749
- Georg Lohr, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1750
Lohr Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Heinr Lohr, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1804
- Philipp Lohr, who arrived in New York in 1809
- Michael Lohr, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1848
- Viktoria Lohr, who arrived in North America in 1852
- Andr Moritz Lohr, who arrived in America in 1852
- Kathryn Lavina Lohr (b. 1912), American artist and educator
- David Lohr (b. 1975), American writer
- Aaron Lohr (b. 1976), American actor and singer
- Robert Harold Lohr (b. 1960), American professional golfer
- Matthew J. "Matt" Lohr (b. 1971), American politician
- Howard Sylvester Lohr (1892-1977), American Major League Baseball outfielder
- Erwin Lohr (1880-1951), German physicist
- Johannes Löhr (b. 1942), former German international football player and manager
- Ellen Lohr (b. 1965), German race driver
- Dieter Löhr (b. 1936), German Olympic fencer
- The Lehr Family by Stephen J. Kennedy.
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
The Lohr Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lohr Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 16 June 2014 at 11:39.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is