BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the French Letourneau family come from? What is the French Letourneau family crest and coat of arms? When did the Letourneau family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Letourneau family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Letourneau, Létourneau, Lestourneau, Letourneux, Letourneur, Letournel, Letourne, Étourneau, Étournel, Étournaud, Estourneau, Estournel, Tourneuille, Tournel, Tournelle, Tournelot and many more.
First found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy, where this ancient family was established in earlier times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Letourneau research. Another 269 words(19 lines of text) covering the years 1751, 1791, 1792, 1795, 1800, 1810, and 1817 are included under the topic Early Letourneau History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 37 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Letourneau Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Letourneau Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Math. Letourneau, aged 25, who emigrated to the United States, in 1896
- Henri Letourneau, aged 27, who emigrated to America from Havre, in 1897
Letourneau Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Abbi Letourneau, aged 35, who landed in America from Nantes, in 1904
- Louis Letourneau, aged 23, who landed in America from Vinsenteers, France, in 1908
- Arthur Letourneau, aged 19, who settled in America, in 1921
- Blanche Letourneau, aged 43, who emigrated to the United States from St Denis, France, in 1922
- Gilbert J. Letourneau, aged 21, who landed in America, in 1922
- Duane John Letourneau, American biochemist and an educator, Idaho
- Robert Gilmour LeTourneau (1888-1969), American inventor of earthmoving machinery who held over 300 patents, founder of LeTourneau University, in Longview, Texas and LeTourneau Technologies
- Fanny Létourneau (1979-1999), Canadian gold medalist synchronized swimmer at the 1999 Pan American Games
- Alain Letourneau, Canadian Senior Founding Associate, Pepi and Letourneau, barristers and solicitors, Montreal
- Michel Létourneau (b. 1949), Canadian politician in Quebec
- Omer Létourneau (1891-1983), Québécois pianist, organist, composer and orchestra conductor
- François Letourneau (1969-1996), Canadian slalom canoer at the 1996 Summer Olympics
- Louis A. Letourneau (1868-1952), Canadian former hockey owner of the Montreal Canadiens hockey team
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
The Letourneau Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Letourneau Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 10 December 2013 at 23:07.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is