BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: English, French
Where did the French Lemoine family come from? What is the French Lemoine family crest and coat of arms? When did the Lemoine family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Lemoine family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Le Moyne, Lemoyne, Lemoine, Lemoines, Le Moynes, Le Moine, Moine, Moines, Loynes, Les Moines and many more.
First found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy, where this noble family has held a family seat since ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lemoine research. Another 479 words(34 lines of text) covering the years 1303, 1364, 1420, 1455, 1500, 1506, 1513, 1626, 1641, and 1683 are included under the topic Early Lemoine History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 209 words(15 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Lemoine Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lemoine Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Pierre Lemoine, who landed in Louisiana in 1718-1724
- Florent Lemoine, aged 18, arrived in Louisiana in 1719
- Charles Francois Lemoine, who settled in Louisiana in 1720
Lemoine Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Augustin LeMoine, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1806
- Manuel Lemoine, aged 58, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829
Lemoine Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Emanuel Aaron Lemoine, who landed in Alabama in 1923
- Henry Jean Lemoine (1786-1854), French Music Publisher, Officer of the Legion of Honour, Paris
- Maurice Lemoine, French Assistant Director General of Air France, Seine
- Victor Lemoine (1823-1911), French flower breeder, best known for creating many of today's lilac varieties
- Fabien Lemoine (b. 1987), French professional footballer
- Émile Michel Hyacinthe Lemoine (1840-1912), French civil engineer and a mathematician
- Yoann Lemoine (b. 1983), French music video director, graphic designer, and musician
- Cyril Lemoine (b. 1983), French professional road bicycle racer
- Jacques-Antoine-Marie Lemoine (1751-1824), French portrait artist
- Adolphe Lemoine (1812-1880), French comédien and playwright, director of the Théâtre du Gymnase
- Henri Lemoine (1909-1991), French cyclist at the 1928 Summer Olympics
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
The Lemoine Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Lemoine Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 December 2013 at 09:23.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is