100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: Chinese, English, Irish
Where did the Chinese Lee family come from? When did the Lee family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Lee family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lee Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Bridget Lee, who landed in America in 1620
- Samuel Lee, who arrived in America in 1620
- Tryphasa Lee, who landed in Plymouth, Massachusetts in 1623
- Tryphosa Lee, who arrived in Plymouth, Massachusetts in 1623
- Wm Lee, who arrived in Virginia in 1633
Lee Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Pricilla Lee, who arrived in Virginia in 1700
- Hump Lee, who landed in Virginia in 1700
- Eliz Lee, who landed in Virginia in 1705
- Bryan Lee, who landed in Virginia in 1711
- Philip Lee, who landed in Virginia in 1712
Lee Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Charles Lee, who arrived in New York in 1800
- Arthur Lee, who landed in America in 1801-1802
- Ezekiel Lee, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1802
- Ephraim Lee, aged 26, landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1803
- Edwd Lee, aged 23, landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1803
Lee Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Sol N Lee, who arrived in New York, NY in 1900
- Halvor Olson Lee, who landed in Wisconsin in 1907
- Stan Lee (b. 1922), American chairman of Marvel Comics and creator of such legendary comic book heroes as Spiderman, The Incredible Hulk, and Dr. Strange
- Nelle Harper Lee (b. 1926), American author who received the Pulitzer Prize in 1961 for her only novel "To Kill a Mockingbird" and was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom of the United States in 2007 for her contribution to literature
- Shelton Jackson "Spike" Lee (b. 1957), American filmmaker known for his sometimes controversial portrayals of African-American life
- Richard Henry Lee (1732-1794), American signer of Declaration of Independence
- Bruce Lee (1940-1973), American (Eurasian descent) martial artist, instructor, and actor widely regarded as one of the most influential martial artists of the twentieth century
- Captain Daniel W Lee Sr. (1919-1985), American officer awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor in 1944
- David Morris Lee (b. 1931), American physicist who shared the 1996 Nobel Prize in Physics
- Mark Charles Lee (b. 1952), former NASA astronaut with 4 shuttle missions and over 32 days in space
- Lieutenant-General John Clifford Hodges Lee (1887-1958), American Deputy Commander in Chief Allied Forces Mediterranean (1946-1947)
- Brigadier-General Raymond Eliot Lee (1886-1958), American Commandant Field Artillery Replacement Training Center Fort Sill (1944-1945)
- Descendants & Ancestors of Charles & Fanny Crandall Lee by Earl Lee Smith.
- Lee of Virginia by Edmund Jennings Lee.
- Hezekiah Leigh by John D. Gifford.
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
This page was last modified on 19 February 2014 at 09:41.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!