BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Spanish Ledesma family come from? What is the Spanish Ledesma family crest and coat of arms? When did the Ledesma family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Ledesma family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ledesma, Ledezma, Ledsmo and others.
First found in Granada, in southern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ledesma research. Another 163 words(12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ledesma History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Ledesma Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Catalina Ortiz Ledesma, recorded in New Spain in 1562
Ledesma Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Francisco De Ledesma, who landed in America in 1812
- Juan De Ledesma, who landed in America in 1812
- Pedro De Ledesma, who landed in America in 1812
- Alejo De Ledesma, who landed in America in 1813
- Hernando De Ledesma, who landed in America in 1817
- Aaron Ledesma (b. 1971), American Major League Baseball player
- James V Ledesma (b. 1941), American professional diplomat and ambassador
- Kuh Ledesma, Filipino jazz artist
- Cristian Daniel Ledesma (b. 1982), Argentine professional football player
- Juan Francisco Azcárate y Ledesma, Mexican lawyer, leader in the movement for independence from Spain
- Jaime Ledesma (b. 1973), Puerto Rican film director, producer and actor
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
The Ledesma Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Ledesma Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 16 January 2014 at 19:15.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is