BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the French latour family come from? What is the French latour family crest and coat of arms? When did the latour family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the latour family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Latour, Tour, Latourre, Tours, Toure, Tors, La Tour, De Latour, de la Toure, de Tour and many more.
First found in Languedoc, where this acclaimed family held a family seat since ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our latour research. Another 312 words(22 lines of text) covering the years 1259, 1365, 1600, 1610, 1618, 1629, 1688, 1743, and 1789 are included under the topic Early latour History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early latour Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
latour Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Susanne Latour who settled in New York in 1700
- Herman Latour, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1749
- Herman LaTour, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749
- Jacob Latour, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1749
- Herman Latour, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749
latour Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Elizabeth Latour, who landed in Louisiana in 1805-1809
- John Latour, aged 24, landed in New Orleans, La in 1829
- Casimir Latour, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1876
- Charles Thomas Latour who settled in Philadelphia in 1880
- Louis Latour, French Wine Producer and negociant, founded the business in the 1700's
- Bertrand Latour (b. 1963), French writer
- Bruno Latour (b. 1947), French sociologist of science, anthropologist
- Théodore Latour (1766-1837), French composer
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
The latour Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The latour Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 December 2012 at 22:28.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is