BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the French latour family come from? What is the French latour family crest and coat of arms? When did the latour family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the latour family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Latour, Tour, Latourre, Tours, Toure, Tors, La Tour, De Latour, de la Toure, de Tour and many more.
First found in Languedoc, where this acclaimed family held a family seat since ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our latour research. Another 312 words(22 lines of text) covering the years 1259, 1365, 1600, 1610, 1618, 1629, 1688, 1743, and 1789 are included under the topic Early latour History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early latour Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
latour Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Susanne Latour who settled in New York in 1700
- Herman Latour, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1749
- Herman LaTour, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749
- Jacob Latour, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1749
- Herman Latour, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749
latour Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Elizabeth Latour, who landed in Louisiana in 1805-1809
- John Latour, aged 24, landed in New Orleans, La in 1829
- Casimir Latour, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1876
- Charles Thomas Latour who settled in Philadelphia in 1880
- Louis Latour, French Wine Producer and negociant, founded the business in the 1700's
- Bertrand Latour (b. 1963), French writer
- Bruno Latour (b. 1947), French sociologist of science, anthropologist
- Théodore Latour (1766-1837), French composer
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
The latour Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The latour Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 December 2012 at 22:28.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is