100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2013
Where did the Scottish Kyle family come from? What is the Scottish Kyle family crest and coat of arms? When did the Kyle family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Kyle family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kyle, Kile and others.
First found in Ayrshire, where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kyle research. Another 192 words(14 lines of text) covering the years 1424, 1538, and 1606 are included under the topic Early Kyle History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Kyle Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Kyle family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 272 words(19 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kyle Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Jeremiah Kyle settled in Newcastle Del. in 1789
- Adam Kyle settled in Philadelphia in 1798
Kyle Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Robert Kyle, who landed in New York, NY in 1815
- Elizabeth Kyle, who landed in New York, NY in 1815
- John Kyle, who arrived in New York in 1833
- Timothy Kyle, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1840
- William Kyle, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1844
Kyle Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- George Armstrong Kyle, who arrived in Wisconsin in 1925
- Alexandra Kyle (b. 1988), American actress
- David A. Kyle (b. 1919), American science fiction writer
- James Henderson Kyle (1854-1901), American member of the United States Senate from South Dakota from 1891 until 1901
- Peter Kyle (1880-1961), Scottish footballer
- Maeve Kyle (b. 1928), Irish Olympic athlete
- John Wilson Kyle (b. 1926), former Irish rugby union footballer
- Air Chief Marshal Sir Wallace Kyle GCB, KCVO, CBE, DSO, DFC, RAF (1910-1988), senior Royal Air Force commander and the Governor of Western Australia from 1975 to 1980
- Douglas "Doug" Kyle (b. 1932), Canadian former long-distance Olympic runner
- Jeremy Kyle (b. 1965), British radio and television broadcaster
- Maeve Esther Enid Kyle (b. 1928), Irish Olympic athlete and hockey player
- German Burnett Kyle of Logan County, Arkansas by Edith Madelaine Replogle.
- Fulton, Alexander. Scotland and Her Tartans: The Romantic Heritage of the Scottish Clans and Families. Godalming: Bramley, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-86283-880-0).
- Browne, James. The History of Scotland it's Highlands, Regiments and Clans 8 Volumes. Edinburgh: Francis A Niccolls & Co, 1909. Print.
- Skene, William Forbes Edition. Chronicles of the Picts, Chronicles of the Scots and Other Early Memorials of Scottish History. Edinburgh: H.M. General Register House, 1867. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Bell, Robert. The Book of Ulster Surnames. Belfast: Blackstaff, 1988. Print. (ISBN 10-0856404160).
- Barrow, G.W.S Ed. The Charters of David I The Written Acts of David I King of Scots, 1124-53 and of His Son Henry, Earl of Northumerland, 1139-52. Woodbridge: The Boydell Press, 1999. Print.
- Bain, Robert. The Clans and Tartans of Scotland. Glasgow & London: Collins, 1968. Print. (ISBN 000411117-6).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Moncrieffe, Sir Ian of That Ilk and Don Pottinger. Clan Map Scotland of Old. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1983. Print.
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
The Kyle Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Kyle Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 November 2012 at 14:22.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!