100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Kunz family come from? What is the German Kunz family crest and coat of arms? When did the Kunz family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Kunz family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kunze, Kunz, Kunzel, Kuenz, Kuenze, Kuenzel, Cuntz, Kuntz, Kuntze, Kuntzel, Kuentz, Kunts, Kundt, Kuent, Kunth, Kunt, Kuhnt, Kuehnt, Kuntse, Kuntsel, Kunstler, Kuents, Kuentse, Cuncze and many more.
First found in Bohemia and Silesia, where the name was an integral part of the feudal society which would shape modern European history. Individual bearers of the name first mentioned in ancient chronicles include Cuntz der Kuentzel of Kempten (West of Frankfurt) who lived around 1382, and Cuncze von Cracow who lived in Liegnitz, Silesia in 1388.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kunz research. Another 271 words(19 lines of text) covering the years 1701, 1767, 1792, 1839 and 1894 are included under the topic Early Kunz History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Kunz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kunz Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Katherine Kunz arrived in America in 1732
- Felix Kunz, who landed in Carolina in 1734
- Klihans Kunz, who landed in Carolina in 1734
- Johann Jost Kunz came to Pennsylvania in 1737
- Caspar Kunz, who landed in Carolina in 1738
Kunz Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Henri Kunz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1807
- Catharine Kunz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1807
- Anthon Kunz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1807
- Maria Kunz, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1807
- Nikolaus Kunz, who arrived in Brazil in 1828
- Diane Bernstein Kunz (b. 1952), American author, historian, and lawyer
- Charles "Charlie" Kunz Kunz (1896-1958), American-born British pianist
- Drew Kunz (b. 1969), American poet and artist
- Earl Kunz (1898-1963), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Edward Cory "Eddie" Kunz (b. 1986), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- George Kunz (b. 1947), American NFL football player
- George Frederick Kunz (1856-1932), American mineralogist
- Stanley H. Kunz (1864-1946), American politician
- Joachim Kunz (b. 1959), German Olympic gold medal winning weightlifter
- Andreas Kunz (1946-1968), German bronze medalist skier at the 1968 Winter Olympics
- The Family of Dorothea E. Rueter and Christian David Kunz by Gerdena E. Rosenow Koehler.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
The Kunz Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Kunz Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 May 2012 at 09:14.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!