BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: Danish, German
Where did the German Kruse family come from? What is the German Kruse family crest and coat of arms? When did the Kruse family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Kruse family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kruse, Krusse, Kroose, Kroose, Kruze and others.
First found in Mecklenburg, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation, and would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. Over time, the family name branched into other houses, where their influence continued to be felt because of the important role they played in the local social and political affairs. They were also seated at Nassau and this senior branch of the family were elevated to Barons in 1653.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kruse research. Another 174 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1653 and 1679 are included under the topic Early Kruse History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Kruse Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kruse Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Georg Kruse, who arrived in America in 1783
Kruse Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Herman Rudolp Kruse, who arrived at the port of Baltimore in 1833
- Heinr Gerh Kruse, who landed in America in 1835
- Bern Heinr Kruse, who landed in America in 1838
- Herm Heinr W Kruse, who landed in America in 1839
- A Christ Elsabein Kruse, who landed in America in 1840
- Nancy Kruse, American former animation director on the television show "The Simpsons"
- William F. "Bill" Kruse (1894-1952), American socialist journalist and functionary
- Russell Wayne Kruse (1922-2007), American auctioneer, founder of Kruse International
- Dean V. Kruse (b. 1941), American former auctioneer and former owner and CEO of Kruse International
- Robbie Kruse (b. 1988), Australian footballer
- Georg Marinus Kruse (1894-1931), Danish boxer who competed at the 1920 Summer Olympics
- Paul Johannes Kruse (b. 1970), Canadian former NHL ice hockey player
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
The Kruse Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Kruse Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 19 November 2013 at 13:21.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is