BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: German-Alt, German
Where did the German Kroll family come from? What is the German Kroll family crest and coat of arms? When did the Kroll family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Kroll family history?The name is derived from the Middle high German word "krol," meaning "curly."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Krol, Krolls, Krols, Croll, Krole and others.
First found in Prussia where the family made a considerable contribution to the feudal society which shaped modern Europe. The family branched into several houses, all of which played an important role in the local political conflicts which forged the nation.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kroll research. Another 79 words(6 lines of text) covering the years 1563, 1609, 1797, 1848 and 1837 are included under the topic Early Kroll History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 79 words(6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Kroll Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kroll Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Christoph Kroll, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1729
- Christoph Kroll, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1729
- Peter Kroll who settled in Philadelphia county, Pennsylvania in 1734
- Hans Jerg Kroll, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1743
- Johan Martin Kroll, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1751
Kroll Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Sam Hinrick Kroll, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1804
- Friederica Carol Christ Kroll, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1804
- Anna Kroll, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1804
- Fried Karl Kroll, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1807
- Joseph Kroll, aged 30, arrived in Missouri in 1841
Kroll Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Cecilie Kroll, who landed in California in 1922
- Milton P Kroll (b. 1914), prominent American lawyer who was educated at Harvard
- Fredric Kroll (b. 1945), American composer and writer
- Leon Kroll (1884-1974), American painter and lithographer, elected to the American Academy of Arts and Letters
- Ted Kroll (1919-2002), American PGA professional golfer who had 8 PGA Tour wins
- Jules B. Kroll (b. 1941), American founder and CEO of Kroll Bond Rating Agency and Chairman of K2Global
- Nicholas J. "Nick" Kroll (b. 1978), American actor, screenwriter, producer, and comedian, best known for his role as Rodney Ruxin on The League and his Comedy Central program, Kroll Show, son of Jules Kroll
- William Kroll (1901-1980), American violinist and composer, best known for his composition Banjo and Fiddle for violin and piano
- Woodrow M. Kroll (b. 1944), American evangelist, principal of the "Back to the Bible" radio ministry
- Wilhelm Kroll (1869-1939), German philologist
- Henryk Kroll (b. 1949), Polish politician, former leader of German minority in Poland
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
The Kroll Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Kroll Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 5 June 2014 at 11:05.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is