BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Kratzer family come from? What is the German Kratzer family crest and coat of arms? When did the Kratzer family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Kratzer family history?The Kratzer surname was originally an occupational name for someone who carded wool, or performed a similar occupation.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kratz, Kratzer, Kratsch, Kratzen, Kratzenberg, Cratz, Cratze, Cratzen, Cratzer, Cratzern, Cratzenmann and many more.
First found in Bavaria, where the name Kratzer was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kratzer research. Another 179 words(13 lines of text) covering the years 1419, 1668, 1721, 1654, 1663, 1487 and 1550 are included under the topic Early Kratzer History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 73 words(5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Kratzer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kratzer Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Joseph Kratzer, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1736
- John Philip Kratzer, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1737
- Leonard Kratzer, who arrived in New York in 1773
Kratzer Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Heinrich Kratzer, who landed in Texas in 1846
- M Kratzer, aged 32, landed in New York, NY in 1847
- Emilie Kratzer, who emigrated to America, in 1893
Kratzer Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Franc Kratzer, aged 29, who emigrated to the United States from Ringshaw, in 1904
- Christian Kratzer, aged 14, who emigrated to the United States from Weilheim, Germany, in 1906
- Heinrich Fried. Kratzer, aged 7, who landed in America from Mainz, Germany, in 1907
- Georg Kratzer, aged 45, who settled in America from Nurnberg, Germany, in 1909
- Adile Kratzer, aged 16, who landed in America from Audincourt, France, in 1909
- Angelika Kratzer, American semanticist, professor of linguistics at the University of Massachusetts
- Dan Kratzer, American college football coach
- B. Adolf Kratzer (1893-1983), German theoretical physicist who created the Kratzer potential, a central force in molecular physics
- Nicholas Kratzer (1487-1550), German mathematician, astronomer, horologist
- Evi Kratzer (b. 1961), Swiss bronze medalist cross country skier at the 1987 FIS Nordic World Ski Championships
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
The Kratzer Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Kratzer Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 February 2012 at 08:03.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is