BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Koon family come from? What is the German Koon family crest and coat of arms? When did the Koon family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Koon family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kunze, Kunz, Kunzel, Kuenz, Kuenze, Kuenzel, Cuntz, Kuntz, Kuntze, Kuntzel, Kuentz, Kunts, Kundt, Kuent, Kunth, Kunt, Kuhnt, Kuehnt, Kuntse, Kuntsel, Kunstler, Kuents, Kuentse, Cuncze and many more.
First found in Bohemia and Silesia, where the name was an integral part of the feudal society which would shape modern European history. Individual bearers of the name first mentioned in ancient chronicles include Cuntz der Kuentzel of Kempten (West of Frankfurt) who lived around 1382, and Cuncze von Cracow who lived in Liegnitz, Silesia in 1388.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Koon research. Another 271 words(19 lines of text) covering the years 1701, 1767, 1792, 1839 and 1894 are included under the topic Early Koon History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Koon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Koon Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Abraham Koon, aged 50, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1733
- Anna Crete Koon, aged 11, landed in Pennsylvania in 1733
- Cathrina Koon, aged 24, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1733
- Eve Koon, aged 59, landed in Pennsylvania in 1733
- Frederick Koon, aged 22, landed in Pennsylvania in 1733
Koon Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- F Koon, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1850
- Jeffrey "Jeff" Koon (b. 1955), American artist
- David R. Koon (b. 1947), American Democratic politician
- Darrell John Koon (b. 1924), American painter
- Robert Koon, American professor of Philosophy at the University of Texas
- Larry Koon, well known American published author,and antiques newspaper columnist
- Ella Koon, Hong Kong-based Cantopop singer, actress and model
- Benjamin Koon (b. 1986), cross-country skier from New Zealand
- Matthew Koon (b. 1993), English stage actor and dancer
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
The Koon Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Koon Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 January 2013 at 20:03.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is