BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Klitzke family come from? What is the German Klitzke family crest and coat of arms? When did the Klitzke family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Klitzke family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Klitch, Klitsch, Klitzsch, Klisch, Klich, Kliche, Klitsche, Klicher, Klischer, Klitscher, Klitcher, Klischat, Kliesch, Klietsch, Kliescher and many more.
First found in Silesia, where the family was established in 1456.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Klitzke research. Another 164 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1729, 1799, 1826, 1841, 1854, and 1868 are included under the topic Early Klitzke History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 39 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Klitzke Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Klitzke Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Karl Klitzke, aged 43, who landed in America, in 1894
Klitzke Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Ernst Klitzke, aged 36, who landed in America from Braustmeig, in 1904
- Hermann Klitzke, aged 6, who emigrated to the United States from Charlottenhof, Germany, in 1909
- Luise Klitzke, aged 50, who settled in America, in 1909
- Wilhelmine Klitzke, aged 66, who landed in America from Charlottenhof, Germany, in 1909
- Carl Klitzke, aged 60, who emigrated to America from Charlottenhof, Germany, in 1909
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
The Klitzke Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Klitzke Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 25 December 2013 at 15:52.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is