BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Klatt family come from? What is the German Klatt family crest and coat of arms? When did the Klatt family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Klatt family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Glatz, Glats, Glattz, Gletz, Glettz and others.
First found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power. They were originally seated at Altdorf in Bavaria.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Klatt research. Another 189 words(14 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Klatt History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Klatt Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Klatt Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Andreas Klatt, who landed in America in 1856
- Friedrich Klatt, who arrived in America in 1873
- Gottfried Klatt, aged 20, landed in New York, NY in 1875
- Helene Klatt, aged 6, landed in New York, NY in 1875
- Carolina Klatt, aged 44, landed in New York, NY in 1875
Klatt Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- John H Klatt, who landed in Mississippi in 1905
- William Gerald "Bill" Klatt (b. 1947), American retired professional WHA ice hockey player
- Joel Klatt (b. 1982), American talk radio personality
- Trent Klatt (b. 1971), retired American professional NHL ice hockey right winger
- Friedrich Wilhelm Klatt (1825-1897), German botanist who specialised in the study of African plants
- Paul Klatt (1896-1973), German general who commanded the 3. Gebirgs, recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Werner Klatt (b. 1948), German gold medalist rower at the 1976 Summer Olympics
- Dusty Klatt, Canadian professional motocross racer
- Marcin Klatt (b. 1985), Polish footballer
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
The Klatt Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Klatt Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 January 2014 at 10:50.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is