An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the English Killingsworth family come from? What is the English Killingsworth family crest and coat of arms? When did the Killingsworth family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Killingsworth family history?
The name, Killingsworth, occurred in many references, and from time to time, it was spelt Killingworth, Chillingworth, Shillingworth and others.
First found in Northumberland where Killingworth is a township in the parish of Long Benton. There may have been another local in Norfolk as many of the early records of the surname are found there: Adam de Kellyngworthe was listed in the Hundred Rolls of 1273; and Thomas de Killingworth was vicar of Windham as listed in the Feet of Fines of 1388. The Feet of Fines of 1561 list Thomas de Killingworth, again in Norfolk. 
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Killingsworth research. Another 133 words(10 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Killingsworth History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Killingsworth Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
The New World beckoned settlers from the Scottish-English borders. They sailed aboard the armada of sailing ships known as the "White Sails" which plied the stormy Atlantic. Some called them, less romantically, the "coffin ships." Among the early settlers bearing the Killingsworth surname who came to North America were:
Killingsworth Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
Killingsworth Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
The Killingsworth Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Killingsworth Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 8 August 2014 at 22:57.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.