BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Irish Killilea family come from? What is the Irish Killilea family crest and coat of arms? When did the Killilea family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Killilea family history?The surname Killilea comes from the original Irish Mac Giolla Leith, meaning son of a devotee of Leith.
Spelling variations of this family name include: MacKillilea, Killilea, MacGillilea, Killileagh and many more.
First found in County Galway (Irish: Gaillimh) part of the province of Connacht, located on the west coast of the Island, where the MacGiolla Leith belong to the Clan of Ui Maine.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Killilea research. Another 99 words(7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Killilea History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Killilea Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Killilea Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- John Killilea, who immigrated to New York in 1849
- Bridget and Jon Killilea, who landed in New York in 1849
- Honora and Mary A. Killilea, who arrived in New York in 1856
- Patrick Killilea, who landed in New York in 1867
- Marie Killilea (1913-1991), author of children's books based on the real life story of the Killilea family
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1978. Print.
- McDonnell, Frances. Emigrants from Ireland to America 1735-1743 A Transcription of the report of the Irish House of Commons into Enforced emigration to America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1331-5).
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- MacLysaght, Edward. Irish Families Their Names, Arms and Origins 4th Edition. Dublin: Irish Academic, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-7165-2364-7).
- Donovan, George Francis. The Pre-Revolutionary Irish in Massachusetts 1620-1775. Menasha, WI: Geroge Banta Publsihing Co., 1932. Print.
- Somerset Fry, Peter and Fiona Somerset Fry. A History of Ireland. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1993. Print. (ISBN 1-56619-215-3).
- Vicars, Sir Arthur. Index to the Prerogative Wills of Ireland 1536-1810. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Tepper, Michael Ed & Elizabeth P. Bentley Transcriber. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of Philadelphia 1800-1819. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1986. Print.
- MacLysaght, Edward. Mores Irish Familes. Dublin: Irish Academic, 1982. Print. (ISBN 0-7165-0126-0).
- Johnson, Daniel F. Irish Emigration to New England Through the Port of Saint John, New Brunswick Canada 1841-1849. Baltimore, Maryland: Clearfield, 1996. Print.
The Killilea Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Killilea Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 8 July 2014 at 15:36.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is