An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2013
Where did the German Kiebele family come from? What is the German Kiebele family crest and coat of arms? When did the Kiebele family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Kiebele family history?The Kiebele surname is generally thought to come from the Middle High German word "kübel" meaning a "vat," or "barrel." As such it was an occupational name for a cooper, or barrel maker.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kuebler, Kiebler, Kuebel, Kuebeler, Kubler, Kubeler, Kubele, Kubel, Kubbel, Kubber, Kuber, Kueber, Kiebele, Kobel, Kobeler and many more.
First found in Winterthur, Swtzerland, where the family contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation and would later play a large role in the political conflicts of the area. The family branched into many houses, many of which acquired estates and manors throughout the surrounding regions, where they played significant roles in the social and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kiebele research. Another 215 words(15 lines of text) covering the years 1803, 1826, and 1882 are included under the topic Early Kiebele History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 50 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Kiebele Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Hansz Kubler who was recorded as having arrived in Carolina in 1734; Jacob Kuebler, who, accompanied by his wife Anna Catharina and their three children, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749.
The Kiebele Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Kiebele Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 October 2003 at 15:57.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.