BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Polish Kalinowski family come from? What is the Polish Kalinowski family crest and coat of arms? When did the Kalinowski family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Kalinowski family history?The surname Kalinowski comes from the Polish place name Kalinow. Kalinow is derived from "kalina" the Polish word for the guelder-rose tree, which bears round bunches of white flowers.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kalinowski, Kalinoski, Kalinowsky, Kalinosky, Kalinski, Kalinsky, Kalinov, Kalinovsky, Kalinoff, Kalina, Kalensky, Kalinka and many more.
First found in Galizia, and the Ukraine.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kalinowski research. Another 297 words(21 lines of text) covering the years 1605, 1635, 1648, 1650, 1651, 1652, 1708, 1782, and 1818 are included under the topic Early Kalinowski History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 92 words(7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Kalinowski Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kalinowski Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Carl Kalinowski, who applied for naturalization in Iowa in 1884
- Johann Kalinowski, who was naturalized in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania in 1887
- F. C. Kalinowski, who landed in New York in 1888
Kalinowski Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Voicich, Simon, John, Anton, Ewa, and Albert Kalinowski, who were naturalized in Texas between 1892 and 1902
- George Kalinowski, who became an American citizen in Detroit in 1930
- Raphael Kalinowski (1835-1907), Polish priest, founded multiple Catholic organizations around Poland and the Ukraine
- Tadeusz Kalinowski, Polish actor from the 1950's and 1960's
- Zygmunt Kalinowski (b. 1949), Polish footballer
- Jaroslaw Kalinowski (b. 1962), Polish politician
- Lukasz Kalinowski (b. 1983), Polish footballer
- Konstanty Kalinowski (1838-1864), writer, journalist, lawyer and revolutionary, he was one of the leaders of Lithuanian and Belarusian national revival
- Jean-Lou Kalinowski (b. 1959), French drummer
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Davies, Norman. God's Playground: A History of Poland in Two VoGod's Playground: A History of Poland in Two Volumes. Revised Ed. London: Oxford University Press, 2005. Print. (ISBN 0-199253390).
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Sanford, George. Historical Dictionary of Poland. Poland: Scarecrow Press, 2003. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Niesiecki, Kasper. Herbarz Polski Polish Armorial, 10 Volumes. Lipsk: Breitkopf & Härtel, 1839. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Co., 1964. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Co., 1976. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
The Kalinowski Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Kalinowski Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 7 January 2013 at 21:12.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is