BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: Danish, German, Swedish
Where did the Danish Johansson family come from? What is the Danish Johansson family crest and coat of arms? When did the Johansson family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Johansson family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Jahn, Johansen, Johannsen, Johannesen, Jonsen, Johnsen, Jensen, Joensen, Jansen, Jahnsen, Jantzen, Johanson, Johansson, Johanesson, Johannsson, Johannesson, Jonsson, Johnsson, Jönsson and many more.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Johansson Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Didrich Johansson, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1627
- Lars Johansson, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1627
- Simon Johansson, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1627
Johansson Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Erik Johansson, aged 48, landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1846
- Gustaf Adolf Johansson, aged 30, landed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
- Anders Johansson, aged 26, arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
- Gottfrid Johansson, aged 24, arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1849
- Johan August Johansson, aged 16, arrived in New York in 1849
- Scarlett Johansson (b. 1984), American actress
- Mr. Karl Johan Johansson (d. 1912), aged 31, American Third Class passenger from Duluth, Minnesota who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking
- Mr. Nils Johansson (d. 1912), aged 29, American Third Class passenger from Chicago, Illinois who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking
- Bernt Johansson (b. 1953), Swedish road bicycle racer
- Bo Johansson (b. 1942), Swedish football coach
- Carl Edvard Johansson (1864-1943), Swedish inventor of the gauge block set
- Jan Johansson (1931-1968), Swedish jazz pianist
- Joachim Johansson (b. 1982), retired Swedish tennis player
- Lennart Johansson (b. 1929), president of the European Football Federation
- Olof Johansson (b. 1937), former president of Centerpartiet
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Ingram, Rev. James. Translator Anglo-Saxon Chronicle 1823. Print.
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
The Johansson Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Johansson Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 24 April 2014 at 12:47.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is