BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: Danish, German, Swedish
Where did the Danish Johansson family come from? What is the Danish Johansson family crest and coat of arms? When did the Johansson family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Johansson family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Jahn, Johansen, Johannsen, Johannesen, Jonsen, Johnsen, Jensen, Joensen, Jansen, Jahnsen, Jantzen, Johanson, Johansson, Johanesson, Johannsson, Johannesson, Jonsson, Johnsson, Jönsson and many more.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Johansson Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Didrich Johansson, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1627
- Lars Johansson, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1627
- Simon Johansson, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1627
Johansson Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Erik Johansson, aged 48, landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1846
- Gustaf Adolf Johansson, aged 30, landed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
- Anders Johansson, aged 26, arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1848
- Gottfrid Johansson, aged 24, arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1849
- Johan August Johansson, aged 16, arrived in New York in 1849
- Scarlett Johansson (b. 1984), American actress
- Mr. Karl Johan Johansson (d. 1912), aged 31, American Third Class passenger from Duluth, Minnesota who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking
- Mr. Nils Johansson (d. 1912), aged 29, American Third Class passenger from Chicago, Illinois who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking
- Bernt Johansson (b. 1953), Swedish road bicycle racer
- Bo Johansson (b. 1942), Swedish football coach
- Carl Edvard Johansson (1864-1943), Swedish inventor of the gauge block set
- Jan Johansson (1931-1968), Swedish jazz pianist
- Joachim Johansson (b. 1982), retired Swedish tennis player
- Lennart Johansson (b. 1929), president of the European Football Federation
- Olof Johansson (b. 1937), former president of Centerpartiet
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
The Johansson Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Johansson Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 24 April 2014 at 12:47.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is