100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Spanish Irizarry family come from? What is the Spanish Irizarry family crest and coat of arms? When did the Irizarry family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Irizarry family history?The distinguished Spanish surname Irizarry is of local origin being one of those surnames derived from the place where a man once lived or owned land. In this instance, the surname Irizarry is derived from the Basque "iri - txari" which means literally "town" or "settlement," "- boar" indicating an area where these wild animals were frequently found.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Irisarry, Irizarry, Irizar, Irizarri and others.
First found in the Pamplona district of the Basque region of Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Irizarry research. Another 406 words(29 lines of text) covering the years 1712, 1767, 1786, and 1854 are included under the topic Early Irizarry History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 56 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Irizarry Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Irizarry Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Jose Ignacio Irizarry, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1860
Irizarry Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Atelana Irizarry, aged 46, who landed in America, in 1918
- Augusto Irizarry, aged 23, who emigrated to America, in 1919
- Auria Irizarry, aged 1, who landed in America, in 1921
- Juan Irizarry, aged 24, who landed in America from Inward, Long Island, N.Y., in 1922
- Hector Irizarry, aged 29, who settled in America from Puerto Plata, Dom.Rep., in 1923
- Corinne Irizarry (b. 1978), American actress, known for her roles in Caught in the Game (2009), Volume 2 (2006) and Yo Momma (2006)
- Vincent Irizarry (b. 1959), American Daytime Emmy Award winning Soap Opera Digest Award winning actor, best known for his work on All My Children
- Sal Irizarry (b. 1970), American multiple award winning producer
- Jaime Irizarry, American actor, known for his roles in Behind Enemy Lines: Colombia (2009), The New Swiss Family Robinson (1998) and Angelito mío (1998)
- Anibal González Irizarry (b. 1927), Puerto Rican educator, journalist and news broadcaster
- Edwin Irizarry Mora (b. 1961), Puerto Rican economist, professor and pro-independence leader
- Ramón Lopez- Irizarry (1897-1982), Puerto Rican educator and scientist
- Orlando Irizarry Camacho (b. 1985), Puerto Rican five-time silver medalist beach volleyball player
- Marcos A. "Turín" Irizarry Pagán (b. 2013), Puerto Rican politician, Mayor of Lajas
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
The Irizarry Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Irizarry Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 24 February 2014 at 10:13.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!