BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: Portuguese, Spanish
Where did the Spanish Huerta family come from? What is the Spanish Huerta family crest and coat of arms? When did the Huerta family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Huerta family history?The distinguished Spanish surname Huerta is widespread in Spain. It is probably of local origin, deriving from a place name in an agricultural community. The surname Huerta means "garden, or irrigated land" in Spanish, and was probably adopted as a surname by people who lived near a garden or an area of cultivated land.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Huerto, Huerta, Huergo, Huertas and others.
First found in different Regions of Spain. Early records show that the Huerta family surname was present in Aragon, in the Basque regions and in Castile. One of the oldest families of this name came from the town of Laguardia, in Alava, one of the northern Basque provinces.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Huerta research. Another 141 words(10 lines of text) covering the years 1694, 1700 and 1773 are included under the topic Early Huerta History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 53 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Huerta Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Huerta Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Pedro De Huerta, who arrived in Espanola in 1812
- Alonso DeLa Huerta, who landed in America in 1814
- Bartolome De Huerta, who arrived in America in 1828
- Diego De Huerta, who landed in America in 1828
- Miguel DeLa Huerta, aged 50, landed in New Orleans, La in 1829
- Dolores C Huerta (b. 1930), American co-founder and First Vice President Emeritus of the United Farm Workers of America
- Lawrence Huerta, American Judge and the first Native American to attend and graduate from the University of Arizona School of Law
- Victoriano Huerta (1854-1916), President of Mexico
- Ramón Huerta Ph.D., Researcher at the Institute for Nonlinear Science at the University of California, San Diego
- Antonio Huerta Ph.D., Professor of Applied Mathematics at Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya
- Baldemar Huerta (1937-2006), original name of Freddy Fender, the Mexican-American Tejano, country and rock and roll musician
- Javier Valdivia Huerta (b. 1941), former Mexican footballer
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
The Huerta Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Huerta Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 March 2013 at 22:28.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is