100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Hostetter family come from? What is the German Hostetter family crest and coat of arms? When did the Hostetter family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Hostetter family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Hostetter, Hoffstetter, Hofstetter, Hockstetter, Hoffstater, Hoffstatter, Hoffstadter, Hockstadter, Hoffstattar, Hockstadder, Hufstedler, Huffstedler and many more.
First found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hostetter research. Another 185 words(13 lines of text) covering the years 1698, 1574 and 1582 are included under the topic Early Hostetter History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 41 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Hostetter Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hostetter Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Jacob Hostetter, who came to Lancaster, Pennsylvania in 1716
- Oswald Hostetter, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1732
- Oswald Hostetter, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1732
Hostetter Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Gottlieb Hostetter, who arrived in Wisconsin in 1876
- P. Hostetter, aged 17, who settled in America, in 1892
- WM. Hostetter, aged 13, who settled in America, in 1892
- Caroline Hostetter, aged 20, who landed in America from Bern, in 1893
- Clara Hostetter, aged 47, who settled in America, in 1895
Hostetter Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Theodore R. Hostetter, aged 16, who landed in America, in 1908
- Mary Helen Hostetter, aged 22, who landed in America, in 1910
- David Hostetter, aged 49, who emigrated to the United States, in 1910
- Florence Hostetter, who landed in America, in 1911
- Herbert Hostetter, who landed in America, in 1911
- Jacob Hostetter (1754-1831), American politician, member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Pennsylvania
- Amos B. Hostetter Jr. (b. 1937), American founder and chief executive officer of Continental Cablevision
- Paul Hostetter, American conductor at the Schwob School of Music at Columbus State University
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
The Hostetter Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Hostetter Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 October 2014 at 21:30.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!