BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Henkel family come from? What is the German Henkel family crest and coat of arms? When did the Henkel family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Henkel family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Henkel, Henke, Henkell and others.
First found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Henkel research. Another 107 words(8 lines of text) covering the years 182 and 1824 are included under the topic Early Henkel History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Henkel Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Henkel Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Hans Jurig Henkel, who landed in New York in 1709
- Michel Henkel, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749
- Philip Henkel, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1749
- John David Henkel, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1752
- John Valentin Henkel, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1754
Henkel Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Mary Henkel, aged 26, landed in New Orleans, La in 1845
- Henry Henkel, who landed in Mississippi in 1854
- Valentin Henkel, who landed in America in 1855
- Charles Henkel, who landed in Texas in 1858
- Philipp Henkel, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1866
- Kim Henkel (b. 1946), American film producer, writer, and actor
- Friedrich Karl "Fritz" Henkel (1848-1930), German founder of Henkel KGaA, a huge international household products company in 125 countries on five continents, headquartered in Düsseldorf
- Manuela Henkel (b. 1974), German Gold Medal-winning cross-country skier
- Heike Henkel (b. 1964), German former athlete competing in high jump who won the high jump gold medal at the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona
- Andrea Henkel (b. 1977), German 2002 Olympic gold medal winner in the 15 km Individual Biathlon
- Holcombe-Doane-Henke (also Henkel) Family History 1812-1983 by Mary Alice Henke.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
The Henkel Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Henkel Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 17 February 2014 at 20:50.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is