BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Heiser family come from? What is the German Heiser family crest and coat of arms? When did the Heiser family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Heiser family history?The Heiser surname is a South German and Austrian variant of Hiess, which derives from a short form of the personal name Mathies. In some instances, the name was a variant of Heuss. The Heyse variant is more commonly found in Northern Germany.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Heiss, Heise, Heisel, Heisler, Heyse and others.
First found in Bavaria and the South.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Heiser research. Another 128 words(9 lines of text) covering the years 1512, 1514, 1565, 1573, 1640, 1704, and 1726 are included under the topic Early Heiser History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Heiser Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Heiser Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- John Heiser, who arrived in Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania in 1740
- Heinrich Heiser, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1749
- Carl Heiser, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1750
- Engelhart Heiser, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1750
- Johann Jacob Heiser, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1750
Heiser Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Godfrey Heiser, who landed in New York in 1832
- Frederick Heiser, who landed in New York in 1838
- Martha Heiser, who landed in Galveston, Tex in 1845
- Henry Heiser, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1853
- Conrad Heiser, who arrived in St Clair County, Illinois in 1880
Heiser Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Margretha Heiser, aged 15, arrived in New York, NY in 1901
- Elisabeth Heiser, aged 20, landed in New York, NY in 1901
- Emilie Heiser, aged 5, landed in New York, NY in 1901
- Friedrich Heiser, aged 8, arrived in New York, NY in 1901
- Eva Heiser, aged 13, arrived in New York, NY in 1901
- Michael S. Heiser, American Christian author, best known for his books The Façade and The Bible Code Myth
- Bill Heiser (b. 1973), retired American soccer defender
- Le Roy Barton Heiser (b. 1942), retired American Major League Baseball player
- James R. Heiser, American topographic engineer with the Neptune Range field party, eponym of the Heiser Ridge, Antarctica
- Paul W. Heiser, American aurora scientist at Scott Base, eponym of the Mount Heiser, Antarctica
- Lori Heiser, American politician, former Republican member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Gernot Heiser (b. 1957), Australian Scientia Professor and the John Lions Chair for operating systems at the University of New South Wales
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
The Heiser Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Heiser Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 December 2013 at 19:54.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is