BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Heil family come from? What is the German Heil family crest and coat of arms? When did the Heil family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Heil family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Heyland, Heiland, Heilland, Hieland, Hyland, Highland, Heland and many more.
First found in Saxony, where the name came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates and branches, some in foreign countries, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Heil research. Another 175 words(12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Heil History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Heil Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Heil Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Hans Jacob Heil, who landed in New York in 1709
- Georg Thomas Heil who settled in Pennsylvania in 1739 at the age of 35 with his wife Susanna and their five children
- Valentin Heil, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1749
- Georg Heil, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1752
- Johannes Heil, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1752
Heil Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Nicholos Heil, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1837
- Peter Heil, aged 30, arrived in Missouri in 1839
- Heinrich Heil, who landed in New York, NY in 1850
- Caspar Heil, who landed in Iowa in 1852
- Cathe Heil, aged 19, arrived in New York in 1854
Heil Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Karl Heil, who arrived in Alabama in 1914
- Julius Peter Heil (1876-1949), American politician, 30th Governor of Wisconsin (1939 to 1943)
- Oskar Heil (1908-1994), German electrical engineer and inventor of the air motion transformer
- Hubertus Heil (b. 1972), German politician, General Secretary of the Social Democratic Party of Germany (2005)
- Jennifer Heil (b. 1983), Canadian gold medalist freestyle skier at the 2006 Winter Olympics
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
The Heil Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Heil Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 24 February 2014 at 20:26.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is