BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Hauck family come from? What is the German Hauck family crest and coat of arms? When did the Hauck family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Hauck family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Haug, Hauge, Hauger, Haugen, Hauegern, Haugk, Hauhken, Haugoumar, Haugman, Haugwitz and many more.
First found in Bavaria, where the name Haug was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hauck research. Another 166 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1751 and 1779 are included under the topic Early Hauck History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Hauck Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hauck Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Anna Elisabetha Hauck, who settled in New York in 1710
- Johann Adam Hauck, who arrived in America in 1741
- Caspar Hauck, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1743
- Anna Christina Hauck, who came to Pennsylvania in 1749
- Blasius Hauck, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749
Hauck Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Peter Hauck, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1829
- Siegfried Hauck, who arrived in New York in 1830
- Emanuel Hauck, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1834
- Nicholas Hauck, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1836
- John Nicholas Hauck, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1840
Hauck Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Friedrich Hauck, aged 20, landed in New York, NY in 1902
- Frederick Hamilton "Rick" Hauck (b. 1941), former NASA Astronaut with 436 hours in space
- Timothy Christian Hauck (b. 1966), former American football defensive back in the NFL
- Bobby Hauck (b. 1964), American football head coach at the University of Montana
- Cornelius Hauck (1893-1967), American businessman, civic leader, visionary, and a collector of rare books
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
The Hauck Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Hauck Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 9 July 2012 at 23:35.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is