BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: German, Jewish
Where did the Jewish Gerber family come from? What is the Jewish Gerber family crest and coat of arms? When did the Gerber family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Gerber family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Gerber Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Jacob Gerber, who arrived in New York in 1709
- Claus Gerber, who landed in America in 1731
- Hans Jacob Gerber, who came to Philadelphia in 1733
- Hans Jacob Gerber, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1733
- Joh Jacob Gerber, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1733
Gerber Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Mr. Gerber, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1805
- Mrs. Gerber, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1805
- Peter Gerber, who arrived in Baltimore, Maryland in 1836
- Vic Gerber, aged 68, landed in America in 1840
- Leb Gerber, aged 3, landed in America in 1840
- Daniel "Dan" Frank Gerber (1898-1974), American founder of the baby food enterprise Gerber Products Company
- Frank Daniel Gerber (1873-1952), American manufacturer of baby food, founded Fremont Canning Company in 1901, father of Daniel Gerber
- Michael E. Gerber (b. 1936), American author and founder of Michael E. Gerber Companies
- Stephen Ross "Steve" Gerber (1947-2008), American comic book writer, co-creator of the character Howard the Duck
- Heinrich Gerber (1832-1912), renowned German engineer and a pioneer in the construction of cantilevers
- Douglas E Gerber (b. 1933), prominent professor of Classical Studies at Western University in Canada
- Joseph Gerber (1924-1996), Austrian founder of Gerber Scientific
- Danie Gerber (b. 1958), South African rugby union player
- Ernst Ludwig Gerber (1746-1819), German composer, author
- Heiko Gerber (b. 1972), German footballer
- A Genealogy of the Families of Michael and Anna Maria Gerber and Andrew and Anna Smith by Gene Francis Noterman.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
The Gerber Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Gerber Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 4 December 2013 at 13:19.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is