BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Spanish Gamboa family come from? What is the Spanish Gamboa family crest and coat of arms? When did the Gamboa family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Gamboa family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Gamboa, de Gamboa and others.
First found in the Basque region of northern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gamboa research. Another 367 words(26 lines of text) covering the years 1352, 1532, 1568, and 1592 are included under the topic Early Gamboa History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 56 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Gamboa Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Antonio de Gamboa, who sailed to America in 1510
- Rodrigo de Gamboa, who sailed to America in 1526
- Pedro de Gamboa, who sailed to Hispaniola in 1535
- Andrés de Gamboa, who sailed to New Spain in 1538
- Francisco de Gamboa, who sailed to Honduras in 1575
Gamboa Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Antonio De Gamboa, who landed in America in 1810
- Antonio Gamboa, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1865
- Francisco De Gamboa, who arrived in Honduras in 1875
Gamboa Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Alfredo H. Gamboa, aged 29, who landed in America from Merida, Mexico, in 1910
- Barbara Gamboa, aged 10, who landed in America from Sunbilla, Spain, in 1910
- Clotilde Gamboa, aged 55, who landed in America from Panama City, Panama, in 1914
- Augusto Gamboa, aged 35, who emigrated to America from Yucatan, Mexico, in 1917
- Ceferino Gamboa, aged 38, who landed in America from Merida, Mexico, in 1919
- Federico Gamboa, Mexican novelist and playwright
- José Joaquín Gamboa, Mexican dramatist and diplomat
- Yuriorkis Gamboa Toledano (b. 1981), Cuban Olympic boxer
- Cristian Gamboa Luna (b. 1989), Costa Rican footballer
- John Ross "Joross" Sanchez Gamboa (b. 1984), Filipino actor
- Harry Gamboa Jr. (b. 1951), Chicano essayist, photographer and director
- Helen Gamboa -Sotto (b. 1948), Filipina actress and singer
- Julio Gamboa (b. 1971), Nicaraguan lightweight boxer
- Santiago Gamboa (b. 1965), Colombian writer
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
The Gamboa Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Gamboa Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 December 2013 at 13:19.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is