100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: Italian, Spanish
Where did the Italian Franco family come from? What is the Italian Franco family crest and coat of arms? When did the Franco family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Franco family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Defrancisco, Franaciscis, Franazesi, Franco, Franci, Francia, Francica and many more.
First found in Rome (Italian: Roma), the capital of the Kingdom of Italy. Little can be said in the space available which would do justice to the history of this beautiful city. From 1000 B.C, its history is a book of life itself. The buildings, culture, arts, cathedrals, churches, museums galleries hold untold treasures unequalled anywhere else in the world.In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Franco research. Another 193 words(14 lines of text) covering the years 1690, 1804 and 1820 are included under the topic Early Franco History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Franco Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Enrique Franco, came to America in 1527
- Alonso Franco, who sailed to America in 1528
- García Franco, voyaged to New Spain in 1534
- Juan Franco, went to Rio de la Plata in 1535
- Francisco Franco Navarro, traveled to Cartagena in 1535
Franco Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Tomas Franco, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1803
- Simon Bautista Franco, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1816
- Andres Franco, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1816
- Enrique Franco, who arrived in America in 1827
- Alonso Franco, who landed in America in 1828
- José Franco Jr., American journalist
- James Edward Franco (b. 1978), American actor, film director, screenwriter, film producer, author, and painter
- Modesto Chávez Franco, Ecuadorian politician
- Rodolfo Franco, Argentine painter
- Constancio Franco, Colombian writer and journalist
- Luis L Franco, Argentine poet and novelist
- Francisco Franco, Spanish head of state 1939-1975
- Alberto Franco, Argentine writer
- Julio Franco, professional baseball player
- Angel Franco, news photographer
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Di Crollalanza, Goffredo. Enciclopedia araldico cavalleresca Prontuario nobiliare. Pisa: Presso La Direzione Del Giorale Araldica , 1878. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Bascapè, Giacomo and Marcello del Piazzo. Insegne e Simboli Araldica pubblica e privata medievale e moderna. Rome: 1983. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today, 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-0900455-209).
- Battilana, Natale, Ed. Genealogie Dello Famiglie Nobili di Genova. Genova: Fratelli Pagano, 1825. Print.
- Guelfi Camajani, Piero. Dizionario Araldico 1940 Reprint Arnoaldo Forni. Milan: 1978. Print.
- Stiens, Robert E. Passenger list Italy to New York 1893 In Italian Genealogist. Torrance, CA: Augustan Society No 3, 1983. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Glazier, Ira A. and P. Williams Filby Edition. Italians to America. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield. Print.
The Franco Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Franco Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 September 2013 at 00:24.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!