BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: English, French, German
Where did the French lambert family come from? What is the French lambert family crest and coat of arms? When did the lambert family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the lambert family history?The prominent surname lambert originated in France, a country which has been a dominant presence in world affairs for centuries.The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in France were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. The patronyms were derived from a variety of given names that were of many different origins. The surname lambert is derived from a Germanic personal name composed of the elements "land," which means "land" or "territory," and "berht," which means "bright" or "famous."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lambert, Lamberre, Lambere, Lambaire, Lambair, Lamberc, Lembert, Lemberre, Lembere, Lembaire, Lembair, Lemberc, Lanbert, Lanberre, Lanbere, Lanbaire, Lanbair, L'Ambert, Ambert, Lambert, Amberd, Amberde, Lamberd, Lamberde, Ambart and many more.
First found in Dauphiny (French: Dauphiné or Dauphiné Viennois), a former province in southeastern France, where this renowned family held a family seat since ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our lambert research. Another 649 words(46 lines of text) covering the years 1164, 1196, 1216, 1366, 1500, 1518, 1569, 1589, 1593, 1594, 1620, 1635, 1698, 1736, 1756, 1789, 1624, 1679, 1610, 1696 and 1600 are included under the topic Early lambert History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 91 words(6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early lambert Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
lambert Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Charles Lambert, aged 23, settled in Barbados in 1635
- Charles Lambert, who settled in Barbados in 1635
- Charles Lambert, aged 23, landed in Barbados in 1635
- Richard Lambert, who landed in Salem, Massachusetts in 1637
- Francis Lambert, who arrived in Rowley, Massachusetts in 1640
lambert Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Simon Lambert, who arrived in Virginia in 1703
- Tho Lambert, who landed in Virginia in 1704
- Wm Lambert, who arrived in Virginia in 1714
- Johanah Lambert, who arrived in Virginia in 1714
- Jacques Lambert, aged 24, landed in Louisiana in 1719
lambert Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- George Lambert, who landed in New York in 1804
- Robt Lambert, who arrived in America in 1806
- Anne Lambert, who landed in New York, NY in 1815
- Juan Santiago Lambert, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1816
- Margaret Lambert, who landed in New York, NY in 1816
lambert Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Bridget Mary Lambert, who landed in Alabama in 1927
- Mary Mechtelds Lambert, who arrived in Alabama in 1927
- Richard David Lambert (b. 1923), prominent American social scientist
- Adam Lambert (b. 1982), American recording artist and stage actor
- Francois "Frank" Lambert (1851-1937), French-born, American inventor best known today for making the second-oldest playable sound recording (1878), on his own version of the phonograph
- Percy Edgar Lambert (1881-1913), first person to drive an automobile a hundred miles in an hour
- Gavin Lambert (1924-2005), British-born screenwriter, novelist, and biographer
- Lieutenant Colonel William Carpenter Lambert (1894-1982), American fighter ace who flew in World War I and was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross
- Benjamin J. Lambert III (1937-2014), American optometrist and politician, elected to the Virginia House of Delegates and Senate
- Albert Lambert (1875-1946), American Olympic sliver medalist for golf at the 1904 games
- Allen Thomas Lambert (1911-2002), Canadian who was managing director over many corporations and organizations affiliated with Toronto-Dominion Corporation
- Anne-Louise Lambert (b. 1955), Australian actress
- History of the Lambert Family from Jugenheim in Rheinhessen by Christine Lambert Bertram.
- The Lambert/Lambeth Family of North Carolina by Mary Norton Doggett.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
The lambert Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The lambert Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 July 2014 at 12:16.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is