BBB - A+ Rating - the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Italian Falconi family come from? What is the Italian Falconi family crest and coat of arms? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Falconi family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Falcone, Falcione, Falciane and others.
First found in Messina (Sicilian: Missina; Latin: Messana), capital of the Italian province of Messina. Its history begins in 397 B.C. After a checkered history the Saracens took it in 831, and the Normans in 1061. It was host to the crusaders in 1190. Garibaldi landed in 1860 and it was the last city to be made a part of united Italy. The first record of the name was in the year 1000 when the family held estates in Cerami, Comiso, Asaro, Lamotta, in the barony of Domicella. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Falconi research. Another 331 words(24 lines of text) covering the years 1322, 1270, 1341, 1200, 1310, 1585, 1648, 1585, 1656, 1600, 1665, 1664, 1638 and 1704 are included under the topic Early Falconi History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 125 words(9 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Falconi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Falconi Settlers in the 18th Century
Falconi Settlers in the 19th Century
The Falconi Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Falconi Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 11 June 2014 at 15:15.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.