100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Spanish Estrada family come from? What is the Spanish Estrada family crest and coat of arms? When did the Estrada family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Estrada family history?The distinguished surname Estrada evokes images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The original bearer of the name Estrada, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Estrada, de Estrada, Estrader, Estrado and others.
First found in Castile, in north central Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Estrada research. Another 177 words(13 lines of text) covering the years 1275 and 1704 are included under the topic Early Estrada History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 69 words(5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Estrada Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Diego de Estrada, who sailed to America in 1513
- Alonso de Estrada, came to America in 1516
- Francisco de Estrada, traveled to America in 1527
- Benito de Estrada, went to Venezuela in 1534
- Pedro de Estrada, sailed to New Spain in 1577
Estrada Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Diego De Estrada, who arrived in America in 1813
- Alonso De Estrada, who landed in America in 1816
- Miguel Estrada, aged 23, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1820
- Pedro De Estrada, who landed in America in 1827
- Francisco De Estrada, who landed in America in 1827
Estrada Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Alfredo Estrada, aged 37, who landed in America from Camaguey, Cuba, in 1910
- Conchita Estrada, aged 25, who settled in America from Barcelone, Spain, in 1912
- Elena Estrada, aged 45, who landed in America from Barcelona, Spain, in 1912
- Elpidro Estrada, aged 45, who emigrated to America from Cuba, in 1913
- Bartolome Estrada, aged 42, who emigrated to the United States from Spain, Pedreguer, in 1919
- Johnny Pulado Estrada III (b. 1976), American Major League Baseball catcher
- Erik Estrada (b. 1949), American actor, known for his co-starring lead role in the 1977–1983 United States police television series CHiPs
- Anthony Estrada, American food manufacturing company executive
- Natalia Estrada (b. 1972), Spanish actress, model and television presenter
- Genaro Estrada (1887-1937), Mexican statesman, academic, and writer
- Noel Estrada (1918-1979), Puerto Rican composer
- John Estrada (b. 1973), Filipino movie and TV actor
- Carla Estrada (b. 1957), Mexican television producer considered one of the foremost telenovela producers of Latin America
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
The Estrada Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Estrada Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 25 December 2013 at 19:31.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!