BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Spanish Esquivel family come from? What is the Spanish Esquivel family crest and coat of arms? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Esquivel family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Esquivel, Esquibel, Esquille, Esquivelle, Esquibelle, Escivel, Escibel, Escivelle, Escibelle, Eskivel, Eskibel, Eskibelle, Eskivelle, Essquivel, Essquivelle, Essquibel, Essquibelle, Ezquivel, Ezquivelle, Ezquibel and many more.
First found in Castile, in north central Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Esquivel research. Another 169 words(12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Esquivel History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Esquivel Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Luis De Esquivel who immigrated to the Dominican Republic in 1534
- Ana De Esquivel who arrived in Peru in 1563
- Constanza De Esquivel who arrived in the Spanish main with two nieces in 1591
Esquivel Settlers in the 19th Century
- Cristobal Esquivel, who landed in America in 1810
- Francisco De Esquivel, who landed in America in 1810
- Angel Esquivel, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1816
- Diego De Esquivel, who landed in America in 1816
- Juan De Esquivel, who arrived in America in 1826
- Juan de Esquivel (d. 1513), conquered the island of Jamaica for the Spanish Crown
- Sergio Esquivel, Mexican singer and songwriter
- Adolfo Pérez Esquivel, Argentine architect and sculptor
- Juan García Esquivel (1918-2002), Mexican band leader, pianist, and composer for television and films
- Sir Manuel Esquivel (b. 1940), Belizean politician
- Carlos Esquivel (b. 1982), Mexican footballer
- Adolfo Pérez Esquivel (b. 1931), Argentine sculptor, architect and pacifist
- Laura Esquivel (b. 1950), Mexican author
- Steev Esquivel, Mexican-American heavy metal vocalist and bassist
- Sal Esquivel (b. 1948), American Republican politician from Oregon
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
The Esquivel Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Esquivel Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 27 March 2012 at 16:17.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is