100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2013
Origins Available: Portuguese, Spanish
Where did the Spanish Espinoza family come from? What is the Spanish Espinoza family crest and coat of arms? When did the Espinoza family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Espinoza family history?Noble surnames, such as Espinoza, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The Espinoza family name is derived from one of several places named Espinosa, found in a number of Spanish regions including Galicia and Vascongadas. The place-name Espinosa is derived from the word "espino," which means "hawthorn" and thus, the first bearer of this surname likely lived near a place where this tree grew in abundance.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Espinosa, Espinoso, Espinoza, Espinozo, Espina and many more.
First found in Castile, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Espinoza research. Another 385 words(28 lines of text) covering the years 1243, 1578, 1590, 1650, and 1835 are included under the topic Early Espinoza History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 109 words(8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Espinoza Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Pedro de Espinoza, went to Peru in 1592
Espinoza Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Pedro De Espinoza, who landed in Peru in 1892
Espinoza Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Carmen Espinoza, aged 35, who landed in America from Merida, in 1905
- Eduardo Espinoza, aged 8, who emigrated to the United States from Bogota, Colombia, in 1907
- Eduardo Espinoza, aged 46, who settled in America from Bogota, Colombia, in 1907
- Camillo Espinoza, aged 8, who landed in America from Bogota, Colombia, in 1907
- Francisco Espinoza, aged 70, who emigrated to the United States from Manague, Nicuragua, in 1909
- Victor Espinoza (b. 1972), jockey in American Thoroughbred horse racing
- Louie Espinoza (b. 1962), American boxer
- Álvaro Alberto Espinoza (b. 1962), former American shortstop in Major League Baseball
- Jose L. Espinoza (b. 1969), jockey in American Thoroughbred horse racing
- Alex A. Espinoza (b. 1964), former American National Football League quarterback
- John Espinoza (b. 1950), American politician, soldier, educator, and former law enforcement officer
- Mark Damon Espinoza (b. 1960), American hispanic actor
- Roger Espinoza (b. 1986), Honduran footballer
- Giovanny Patricio Espinoza (b. 1977), Ecuadorian footballer
- María del Rosario Espinoza (b. 1987), Mexican taekwondo practitioner
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
The Espinoza Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Espinoza Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 22 December 2012 at 12:06.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!