An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2013
Where did the Polish Dzierzonowsky family come from? What is the Polish Dzierzonowsky family crest and coat of arms? When did the Dzierzonowsky family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Dzierzonowsky family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dzurkik, Dziersznicki, Dzierzanski, Dzierzek, Dzierzbicki, Dzierzanowski, Dzierzonowsky, Dziersik, Dzierskiky, Dzierzansky, Dzirowsky and many more.
First found in Warsaw, the largest province of Poland, formerly the principality of Mazovia. The Capital is the city of Warwsaw. The main towns are Warsaw, Plock, Wloclawek, Zyrardow, Gostynin, Grojec and Kutno. Warsaw was chosen as the royal residence in the mid 16th century and became focal point of all culture of the Polish peoples. The surname became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dzierzonowsky research. Another 290 words(21 lines of text) covering the years 1550, 1619, and 1690 are included under the topic Early Dzierzonowsky History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Dzierzonowsky Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Andreas Dzuris who emigrated to Baltimore in 1874.
The Dzierzonowsky Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Dzierzonowsky Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 October 2003 at 15:46.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.