BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the French Dupree family come from? What is the French Dupree family crest and coat of arms? When did the Dupree family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Dupree family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dupre, Dupré, Duprat, Dupraz, Dupréel, Dupréelle, Dupréau, Duprès, Duprey, Dupray, Dupres and many more.
First found in Auvergne, a historic province in south central France.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dupree research. Another 55 words(4 lines of text) covering the years 1463, 1507, 1511, 1520, 1524, 1576, 1640, 1742, 1748, 1755, 1795, 1811, and 1841 are included under the topic Early Dupree History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 293 words(21 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dupree Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dupree Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Josias Dupree, who landed in Charleston, South Carolina in 1686
- Jacob Dupree, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1693
Dupree Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Thos Dupree, who arrived in Virginia in 1713
- Geo Dupree, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1764
Dupree Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- William H Dupree, who landed in Mobile, Ala in 1856
- Fred Dupree, who arrived in New York, NY in 1881
- Professor Louis Duprée (1925-1989), American archaeologist, anthropologist, and scholar of Afghan culture
- Ronald Edmund Dupree Jr. (b. 1981), American professional basketball player
- William Jedediah "Jed" Dupree (b. 1979), American men's foil fencer
- William Thomas Dupree, American blues pianist
- Cornell Luther Dupree (1942-2011), American jazz and R&B guitarist
- Sherri Kay DuPree (b. 1983), American vocalist, guitarist and lyricist
- Marcus L. Dupree (b. 1964), former American football player
- Billy Joe DuPree (b. 1950), former professional American football tight end
- Christie DuPree (b. 1990), American singer-songwriter
- Donald Victor Dupree Sr. (1919-1993), American bobsledder
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
The Dupree Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Dupree Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 19 February 2014 at 08:03.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is