BBB - A+ Rating - the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: German, Polish
Where did the German Driggers family come from? What is the German Driggers family crest and coat of arms? When did the Driggers family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Driggers family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Drucker, Druck, Drucki, Driker, Drigger, Druckier, Druckich, Druckman, Druckmann, Drukman and many more.
First found in Polesie, the largest province of Poland. It is inhabited by Ruthenians, called Polesians, of Ukrainian descent. The main towns are those of Brest Litovsk, Pinsk, Kobryn, Kamenets, Litovsk, and Luninets. It was in this province that the renowned Radziwills and Sapiehas held their vast estates. Wolczyn was the seat of the Czartoryski family. The surname became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Driggers research. Another 288 words(21 lines of text) covering the years 1200, 1340, 1450, 1528, 1538, 1550, and 1700 are included under the topic Early Driggers History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Driggers Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Driggers Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
The Driggers Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Driggers Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 November 2012 at 11:36.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.