BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Scottish Dollar family come from? What is the Scottish Dollar family crest and coat of arms? When did the Dollar family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Dollar family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dollar, Doller, Dolar, Doler, Dollare, Dollour and many more.
First found in Clackmannanshire (Gaelic: Siorrachd Chlach Mhannainn), nicknamed the “wee county,” it is the smallest Council Area of Scotland, located in southeastern Scotland, where they held a family seat in the town of Dallar. The name was first recorded in Scotland in the 14th century when Matthew Dollar was recorded at an inquest in 1316 at Kirkcaldy.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dollar research. Another 153 words(11 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dollar History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Dollar Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dollar Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Mary Dollar, who landed in Virginia in 1650
Dollar Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Miss Dollar, aged 53, who emigrated to the United States, in 1895
- Fanny Dollar, aged 28, who landed in America, in 1896
- William Dollar, aged 68, who emigrated to America from Belfast, Ireland, in 1897
Dollar Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Arthur M. Dollar, aged 27, who emigrated to the United States, in 1906
- Christina Dollar, aged 30, who landed in America from Edinburgh, Scotland, in 1908
- Rosie Dollar, aged 22, who emigrated to the United States, in 1908
- Bessie Dollar, who emigrated to the United States, in 1910
- John Hetherington Dollar, aged 46, who settled in America from Burnhan on Crouch, England, in 1917
- Aubrey Dollar (b. 1980), American actress
- William Everett "Bill" Dollar (1950-1996), American radio host
- Cameron Dollar (b. 1975), American former college basketball player and current head coach of Seattle University's men's basketball team
- Caroline Dollar (b. 1983), American actress
- Creflo Dollar (b. 1962), American televangelist
- Johnny Dollar (1922-1986), American country and rockabilly singer, songwriter and guitarist
- Matt Dollar (b. 1977), American politician
- William Dollar (1907-1986), American ballet dancer
- Captain Robert Dollar (1844-1932), Scottish-born lumber baron, shipping magnate and philanthropist
- Jonny Dollar (1964-2009), born Jonathan Peter Sharp, English record producer and songwriter
- Donaldson, Gordon and Robert S. Morpeth. Who's Who In Scotish History. Wales: Welsh Academic Press, 1996. Print. (ISBN 186057-0054).
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Browne, James. The History of Scotland it's Highlands, Regiments and Clans 8 Volumes. Edinburgh: Francis A Niccolls & Co, 1909. Print.
- Fulton, Alexander. Scotland and Her Tartans: The Romantic Heritage of the Scottish Clans and Families. Godalming: Bramley, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-86283-880-0).
- Moncrieffe, Sir Ian of That Ilk and David Hicks. The Highland Clans The Dynastic Origins, Cheifs and Background of the Clans. New York: C.N. Potter, 1968. Print.
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Moncrieffe, Sir Ian of That Ilk and Don Pottinger. Clan Map Scotland of Old. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1983. Print.
The Dollar Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Dollar Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 December 2013 at 15:37.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is