100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2013
Where did the English Doggett family come from? What is the English Doggett family crest and coat of arms? When did the Doggett family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Doggett family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Doggett, Dogget, Doggart, Doggert, Dogate and others.
First found in Norfolk where they held a family seat from very early times and were granted lands by Duke William of Normandy, their liege Lord, for their distinguished assistance at the Battle of Hastings in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Doggett research. Another 193 words(14 lines of text) covering the years 1640, 1715, and 1721 are included under the topic Early Doggett History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 40 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Doggett Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Doggett Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Thomas Doggett who settled in Massachusetts in 1630
- John Doggett settled in Salem, Massachusetts in 1630
- Thomas Doggett, who landed in New England in 1642
- John Doggett, who landed in Hingham, Massachusetts in 1662
- Benjamin Doggett, who arrived in Virginia in 1682
Doggett Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Joseph Doggett landed in America in 1775
Doggett Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Jas. Doggett, aged 20, who landed in America from Queenstown, in 1892
- M. S. Doggett, aged 27, who emigrated to the United States from Liverpool, in 1892
Doggett Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Sophia J. Doggett, aged 19, who settled in America, in 1903
- Sallie Doggett, who emigrated to the United States, in 1904
- Mrs. O. Doggett, who landed in America, in 1904
- E. Doggett, aged 23, who settled in America, in 1905
- Elizabeth Doggett, aged 20, who emigrated to the United States from Oldcastle, Ireland, in 1907
- Bill Doggett (1916-1996), American jazz and rhythm and blues pianist and organist
- David Seth Doggett (1810-1880), American Bishop of the Methodist Episcopal Church
- Derrick Doggett (b. 1984), American-born, Canadian professional CFL football player
- Jerry Doggett (1916-1997), American sports broadcaster who called games for the Brooklyn and Los Angeles Dodgers
- John Doggett, American political commentator
- John Doggett (1723-1772), American-born, Canadian merchant, seaman and political figure in Nova Scotia
- Lloyd Doggett (b. 1946), American politician, U.S. Representative for Texas's 25th congressional district
- Frank Doggett, Director of National Nuclear Corporation
- Thomas Doggett (1640-1721), Irish actor
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
The Doggett Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Doggett Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 9 December 2011 at 19:12.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!