BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Dietz family come from? What is the German Dietz family crest and coat of arms? When did the Dietz family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Dietz family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Diez, Diets, Diedse, Dietze, Diets, Deetz and others.
First found in Hessen, where the name was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal society which would become prominent throughout European history. Diez, the geographical origin of the name, is a town with a castle (later a prison) that belonged to the counts of Nassau-Dillenburg, in what was Hesse-Nassau. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dietz research. Another 126 words(9 lines of text) covering the years 1765, 1786, 1794, and 1876 are included under the topic Early Dietz History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 55 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dietz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dietz Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Philipp Dietz, who arrived in America in 1730
- Conrad Dietz who arrived with his wife and children in America in 1738
- Conrad Dietz, who arrived in America in 1738
- Hans G Dietz, who arrived in America in 1738
- Hans Georg Dietz, who landed in Carolina in 1738
Dietz Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Heinr Dietz, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1802
- Peter, Dietz Jr., who landed in America in 1833
- Joachim Heinrich Dietz, aged 45, landed in America in 1843
- Joh Dietz, who arrived in Galveston, Tex in 1846
- Ph H Dietz, who arrived in Texas in 1846
- Howard Dietz (1896-1983), American lyric writer and librettist
- Robert S Dietz, American geophysicist and oceanographer
- Steven Dietz, American playwright
- William Corey Dietz (b. 1945), American science fiction author
- Staff Sergeant Robert H Dietz, American officer awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor in 1945
- Petty Officer Danny P Dietz (1980-2005), U.S. Navy SEAL who was posthumously awarded the Navy's 2nd highest citation for valor, the Navy Cross, on 13 September 2006
- John Dietz (1870-1939), American two time Olympic gold medalist for shooting at 1908 and 1912 games
- Wolfgang Dietz (b. 1921), librarian to the German parliament (1958-86)
- Deets (also Dietz) Descendants by Walter S. Olson.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
The Dietz Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Dietz Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 May 2014 at 15:08.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is