BBB - A+ Rating - the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Dieterle family come from? What is the German Dieterle family crest and coat of arms? When did the Dieterle family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Dieterle family history?This Surname was created from the Upper German personal name Dietrich, which is in turn derived from the elements "Diet," meaning "nation or people," and "her," meaning "army."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dieter, Deiter, Dieters, Deiters, Dietherr, Deeter, Deter, Deters, Teter, Teters, Dieterlen, Dietherle, Dietert and many more.
First found in Pomerania, where this family name became a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always prominent in social affairs, the name became an integral part of that turbulent region as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the Feudal System and the nation. The five sons Peter Deterde (also spelt Dithers) were granted the feudal property of Grapow by the Duke Bolislav in 1514.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dieterle research. Another 165 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1412, 1450, and 1463 are included under the topic Early Dieterle History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 22 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dieterle Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dieterle Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
Dieterle Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
The Dieterle Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Dieterle Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 September 2010 at 15:37.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.