BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: Italian, Spanish
Where did the Spanish diMarco family come from? What is the Spanish diMarco family crest and coat of arms? When did the diMarco family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the diMarco family history?The mountainous borders of Spain contain the origins of the prestigious surname diMarco. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in Spain were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. Spanish patronymic names emerged as early as the mid-9th century and the most common patronymic suffix is ez.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Márquez, Marquez, Marque, Márquiz, Marquiz, Marco and many more.
First found in Castile, predominant among the Christian kingdoms of medieval Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our diMarco research. Another 371 words(26 lines of text) covering the year 1026 is included under the topic Early diMarco History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 34 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early diMarco Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
diMarco Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Michele Dimarco, who settled in Allegheny Co. Pennsylvania in 1884
- Antonio DiMarco, who arrived in Colorado in 1889
- Pietro DiMarco, who came to Pennsylvania in 1891
- Alessandro DiMarco, aged 25, who arrived in America from Salento, in 1897
- Anna DiMarco, aged 22, who arrived in America, in 1897
diMarco Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Angelo Dimarco, who settled in Illinois in 1900
- Antonini Dimarco, aged 23, who arrived in America from Fortorici, in 1904
- Angelo Dimarco, aged 21, who arrived in America from Castiglione, in 1905
- Angela DiMarco, aged 2, who arrived in America from Palermo, Italy, in 1907
- Antonio DiMarco, aged 27, who arrived in America from Nereto, Italy, in 1907
- Christian Dean "Chris" DiMarco (b. 1968), American golfer who plays on the PGA Tour
- Damon DiMarco (b. 1971), American biographical and narrative author, actor, and historian
- Stephanie DiMarco, American Founder, CEO and President of Advent Software
- Patrick DiMarco (b. 1989), American NFL football fullback for the Atlanta Falcons
- Melissa DiMarco (b. 1969), Canadian actor, producer, and television personality, known for her work on Degrassi: The Next Generation (2001), Death to Smoochy (2002) and Hustle (2004)
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
The diMarco Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The diMarco Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 29 April 2014 at 14:12.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is