100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Spanish Delagarza family come from? What is the Spanish Delagarza family crest and coat of arms? When did the Delagarza family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Delagarza family history?The mountainous borders of Spain contain the origins of the prestigious surname Delagarza. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in Spain were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. Spanish patronymic names emerged as early as the mid-9th century and the most common patronymic suffix is "ez." The patronyms were derived from a variety of given names that were of many different origins.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Garza, de Garza, de la Garza, Garzo, Garzón and many more.
First found in Galicia, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Delagarza research. Another 614 words(44 lines of text) covering the years 1037, 1139, and 1162 are included under the topic Early Delagarza History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Delagarza Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Delagarza Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Gustavo de la Garza, aged 45, who landed in America from Mexico City, in 1908
- Cleofas de la Garza, aged 40, who landed in America, in 1911
- Emeterio de la Garza, aged 40, who emigrated to the United States from Mexico City, Mexico, in 1913
- Agustin de la Garza, aged 28, who emigrated to America from Havana, Cuba, in 1914
- Adela de la Garza, aged 52, who landed in America from Monterey, Mexico, in 1922
- Alana de la Garza (b. 1976), American actress
- Luis DeLaGarza (b. 1983), American baseball player in the Major Leagues
- Lance Corporal Emilio Albert De La Garza Jr. (1949-1970), American Marine posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor
- Adolph Joseph DeLaGarza (b. 1987), American soccer player
- Juan de la Garza (b. 1961), retired Mexican javelin thrower
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
The Delagarza Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Delagarza Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 8 December 2013 at 18:19.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!