100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the German Deiters family come from? What is the German Deiters family crest and coat of arms? When did the Deiters family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Deiters family history?This Surname was created from the Upper German personal name Dietrich, which is in turn derived from the elements "Diet," meaning "nation or people," and "her," meaning "army."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dieter, Deiter, Dieters, Deiters, Dietherr, Deeter, Deter, Deters, Teter, Teters, Dieterlen, Dietherle, Dietert and many more.
First found in Pomerania, where this family name became a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always prominent in social affairs, the name became an integral part of that turbulent region as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the Feudal System and the nation. The five sons Peter Deterde (also spelt Dithers) were granted the feudal property of Grapow by the Duke Bolislav in 1514.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Deiters research. Another 165 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1412, 1450, and 1463 are included under the topic Early Deiters History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 22 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Deiters Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Deiters Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Elis Deiters, who landed in America in 1841
- Elis Deiters, who arrived in America in 1841
- Bern Heinr Deiters, who arrived in America in 1845
- Heinr. Ferd. Deiters, aged 24, who landed in America, in 1893
- Teordor Deiters, aged 26, landed in New York, NY in 1893
Deiters Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- George Deiters, aged 26, who emigrated to America from Bramsschweig, Germany, in 1911
- Antonia Deiters, aged 30, who emigrated to the United States from Bramsschweig, Germany, in 1911
- Elfriede Deiters, aged 16, who landed in America from Langendreer, Germany, in 1922
- Heinrich Deiters, aged 26, who emigrated to the United States from Alfeld, Germany, in 1923
- Dr. Ulrich Deiters, Chemist at the Institut for Physical Chemistry, Luxemburg
- Otto Friedrich Karl Deiters (1834-1863), German neuroanatomist, eponym of Deiter's Cells (also called phalangeal cells)
- Franz-Josef Deiters (b. 1964), German literary critic and theorist, who moved to Australian in 2006
- Julie Bénédicte Deiters (b. 1975), French-born, Dutch two-time gold, three-time silver and two-time bronze medalist field hockey player
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
The Deiters Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Deiters Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 25 September 2012 at 08:03.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!