100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the French Dagenais family come from? What is the French Dagenais family crest and coat of arms? When did the Dagenais family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Dagenais family history?Noble surnames, such as Dagenais, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the French people. The original bearer of the name Dagenais, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful Guyenne region of France. In France, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. The Dagenais family originally lived in Guyenne, where the family was established in early times.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dagenais, Dagenet, Dagenez, d'Agenais and others.
First found in Guyenne, where the family was established in early times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dagenais research. Another 189 words(14 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dagenais History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Dagenais Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dagenais Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Louis-Basile Dagenais, born in 1738, married Françoise Quenneville in Sault-au-Récollet in 1757
Dagenais Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Romeo Dagenais, aged 20, who emigrated to America, in 1905
- Adelard Dagenais, aged 26, who emigrated to the United States from Nantef, France, in 1916
- Agusta Dagenais, aged 49, who settled in America from Haut-Rhin, France, in 1920
- Todd Dagenais, American college volleyball coach, former player, and author
- Camille A Dagenais CC OQ (b. 1920), Canadian engineer and former President of the SNC-Lavalin
- Ric Dagenais, Canadian politician in Ontario
- Magloire Dagenais, Canadian solicitor in Montreal from 1890 to 1921
- Marcel Gilles Dagenais, Canadian economist in Verdun, Quebec
- Pierre Dagenais (b. 1978), Canadian professional ice hockey player
- Jean-François Dagenais (b. 1975), Canadian record producer, recording engineer, mixer, guitarist, and songwriter
- Jean-Guy Dagenais (b. 1950), Canadian politician,Senator for Victoria, Quebec (2012-)
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Dagenais Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Dagenais Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 16 October 2014 at 08:26.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!