BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Spanish Cubero family come from? What is the Spanish Cubero family crest and coat of arms? When did the Cubero family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Cubero family history?The origins the old family name Cubero can be found within medieval Spain. While the patronymic and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the name of the father and mother respectively, are the most common form of a hereditary surname in Spain, occupational surnames also emerged during the late Middle Ages. Many people, such as the Cubero family, adopted the name of their occupation as their surname. The surname Cubero was an occupational name for a knight or a knight's servant.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Caballero, Caballeros, Caballer, Caballé, Caballe, Caballería, Caballeria, Caballo, Caballos, de Caballos, Cavallo, Cavallos, de Cavallos, Cavallón, Cavallon, de Cavallón, de Cavallon, Cavallero, Cavallería and many more.
First found in Castile, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cubero research. Another 189 words(14 lines of text) covering the years 1176, 1656, 1704, 1697, 1703, 1645, 1697, 1670 and 1679 are included under the topic Early Cubero History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 179 words(13 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Cubero Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Cubero Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Juan Cubero, aged 25, arrived in Puerto Rico in 1833
- Pedro Cubero, who landed in America in 1835
- Rafael Cubero, aged 44, landed in New Orleans, La in 1855
- Antonio Maria Cubero, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1875
- Luis Cubero, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1877
Cubero Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Manuel Cubero, aged 37, who landed in America, in 1917
- Juan Cubero, aged 32, who landed in America, in 1919
- Miguel Cubero, aged 35, who landed in America from Sevilla, in 1919
- Juan Cubero, aged 36, who emigrated to America from Zalamanca, Spain, in 1920
- Jose Cubero, aged 29, who emigrated to the United States, in 1920
- Captain Linda Garcia Cubero (b. 1958), first Hispanic woman to graduate from any U.S. military service academy
- Ruben A. Cubero (b. 1939), United States Air Force brigadier general, first Hispanic graduate of the United States Air Force Academy to be named Dean of the Faculty
- Captain Linda Garcia Cubero (b. 1958), American former United States Air Force officer, member of the first class of women to graduate from the United States Air Force Academy, the first Hispanic woman to graduate from any service academy
- José María Movilla Cubero (b. 1975), Spanish footballer
- Jose "El Yiyo" Cubero (1964-1985), Spanish bullfighter who was gored to death
- José Álvarez Cubero (1768-1827), Spanish sculptor in the neoclassical style
- Edwin Cubero (1924-2000), Costa Rican footballer
- Fabián Cubero (b. 1978), Argentine footballer
- José Miguel Cubero (b. 1987), Costa Rican footballer
- Vicente Aguilar Cubero (1808-1861), Costa Rican politician, Magistrate of the Supreme Court of Justice
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
The Cubero Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Cubero Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 25 August 2014 at 13:14.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is