BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Where did the Spanish Correll family come from? What is the Spanish Correll family crest and coat of arms? When did the Correll family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Correll family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Delcorral, Corral, Delcoral, Delcorrale, Del Corral, del Corral, Corrale, Coral, Corale, Caurral and many more.
First found in Andalucia, in southern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Correll research. Another 361 words(26 lines of text) covering the year 1271 is included under the topic Early Correll History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Correll Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Correll Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Tho Correll, who arrived in Virginia in 1642
Correll Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- John Correll, who landed in Virginia in 1701-1702
- Johannes Correll, aged 36, arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1741
- Abraham Correll, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1753
- Philip Correll, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1765
Correll Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- John Jacob Correll, who arrived in Mobile County, Ala in 1844
- Charles James Correll (1890-1972), American radio comedian, best known for his work on the Amos 'n' Andy show, inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame in 1962, recipient of a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1969
- Richard Thomas "Rich" Correll (b. 1948), American television actor, director, producer and writer, son of Charles James Correll
- Charles Correll Jr. (1944-2004), American television director and cinematographer, son of Charles James Correll
- Bob "Crazy" Correll (b. 1942), American former daredevil and stuntman
- A.D. "Pete" Correll, American Chairman of the Grady Memorial Hospital Corporation, Chairman Emeritus of Georgia-Pacific Corp
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
The Correll Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Correll Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 3 December 2013 at 09:03.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is