BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2014
Origins Available: French, Irish
Where did the French Connelly family come from? What is the French Connelly family crest and coat of arms? When did the Connelly family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Connelly family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Conellier, Conelier, Conon, Conus, Conet, Conez, Conens, Connot, Counot, Conard, Connard, Contier, Cosnard, Cosnier, Coniac, Connac, Conneau, Connelly, Conneault, Connault and many more.
First found in Ile-de-France.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Connelly research. Another 69 words(5 lines of text) covering the years 1614, 1650, 1691, 1740, 1803, 1824, 1840, 1856, and 1880 are included under the topic Early Connelly History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 200 words(14 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Connelly Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Connelly Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Jesse Connelly, who landed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1766
- George Connelly, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1773
Connelly Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Timothy Connelly, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1803-1827
- Henry Connelly, who arrived in America in 1810
- Charles Connelly, aged 26, landed in New York in 1812
- Walter Connelly, aged 29, arrived in New York in 1812
- Mary Connelly, who landed in New York, NY in 1816
- Marcus Cook Connelly (1890-1981), American playwright, director, producer, performer, and lyricist awarded the 1930 Pulitzer Prize for Drama
- Jennifer Lynn Connelly (b. 1970), American Golden Globe and Academy Award winning film actress
- Michael Connelly (b. 1956), American author of detective novels, President of the Mystery Writers of America from 2003 to 2004, and has won every major award given to mystery writers
- Charlie Connelly (b. 1970), British author and broadcaster most notable as being a travel writer
- Karen Marie Connelly (b. 1969), award winning Canadian writer and poet
- Brigadier Alan Burton Connelly (b. 1908), Commanding Officer Group B Canadian Reinforcement Units, England (1944)
- John Francis Connelly (1860-1928), Australian prospector and mine owner
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
The Connelly Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Connelly Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 3 March 2014 at 10:10.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
BBB - A+ Rating
- the best there is